Monday, April 04, 2016

March Reading Challenge


Wow!  March flew by it seems.  For March, the topic was a book you have been meaning to read.  This could have been anything in my bookshelf really. I have so many books that I have purchased over the years and have not gotten to.  I choose the American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld.   I have read Sittenfeld's other book, Prep, years ago so I was familiar with her writing style of basing events off true findings.  I bought this shortly after it was published in 2008. Like so many other books, it has been sitting on my bookshelf since then.  I knew it was loosely based on the life of Laura Bush.  While this was fiction, it fits nicely into my currently favorite genera of biographies and autobiographies.  I enjoyed this greatly and want to read Laura Bush's biography now, to see which parts are true and which are not.  I did do some googling about her as I read the book when I got to parts I was really curious about.  If you enjoy fiction that is based on truth events or even just curious about Laura Bush, it's a great read that will make you want to read the non-fiction version to see what is truth or not!

No comments: