Monday, February 01, 2016

Reading Challenge 2016

I love to read.  Anyone and everyone knows that about me.  Granted I don't feel like I read near as much as I used to, I still try to get my reading in.  This year I came across a great little reading challenge I decided to accomplish.  One thing I like about this is I can choose what month I read which book.  I am doing this one book a month.  I decided to go ahead and plan out which month I will read which catagory.  I should have posted this beginning of January, but I am trying to get back into the blog.  I would love to see others join in for this month!


Above is the list of catogries and here is the "order" I set for myself.
January: A book published before you were born.
February: A book you can finish in a day. (This is going to be a hard one unless it's a childrens' book.)
March: A book you have been meaning to read.
April: A book you should have read in school.
May: A book you have previously abandoned.
June: A book choosen for you by your spouse, parenter, sibling,child, or BFF.
July: A book I have already read at least once.
August: A book that intimidates you.
September: A book tha twas banned at some point.
October: A book you own but have never read. 
November: A book recommended by your local librarian or bookseller.
December: A book published this year.

The book I choose for January was The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis.  I was looking for one I already owned that was published before I was born.  Plus it is one I have been meaning to read for ages.  I BARELY made the cut off of reading it in January.  I stayed up later than normal last night to finish it, but I did!  

No comments: