Monday, April 04, 2016

January Reading Challenge Book




I mention which book I read for January in the post where I shared I was doing a month by month reading challenge for the year, but I wanted to share each book in it's own post.

January challenge was a book published before you were born.  I choose The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis.  This book has been on my to read list for years.  I would never make the time for it, so this was perfect time for me to finally tackle it.  I love anything written by C.S. Lewis, he puts things into suck a perspective that you can see how it can relate to your.  If you have no read The Screwtape Letters, it is a satirical on how Satan tries to temp us and lead us astray from God.  When you stop to think about how in our everyday life Satan is using the little things to lead us away from God, it will hit home while reading it.  

I choose this book not only for it fitting the topic and for being on my list for so long, but due to it was something I was struggling with and was working on.  Trying to be closer to God and be more positive and less negative in my daily life.  I started late in the month reading it, but I did complete it on time!  Even if it meant I stayed up later than normal on January 31st.  

No comments: