Monday, April 04, 2016

Changes are happening

The beginning of the year, I stated I wanted to make changes in my personal life.  I was working toward becoming a more positive person, I want to drop the negative influences in my life, focus on my family, and spend more time studying the Bible.

I have been making good progress with most of the above.  There were a few weeks during February that was a struggle for me at work to stay positive, but I recognized it and worked harder. Little did I know when I said I wanted to change, that a huge change would happen the end of February.

After 11 and a half years at FNC, I accepted a new position with a new company!  It all just sort of landed in my lap and was an offer I could not refuse.  I never thought I would leave FNC, granted it has been on my mind more lately due to the potential sale of the company, and it was a hard decision.  I was given an opportunity to help start business intelligence for a company, right next door to FNC too!  Leaving all my friends and coworkers was very bittersweet, but exciting at the same time.

Surprisingly it was rather easy to make the decision to leave once I got over the initial shock of being offered it.  Yes, it was hard to do, but I knew it was the right decision.  I am starting my fourth week at Next Gear Solutions this week.  It has been different getting to know the products, the people, and culture.  Everyone has been so welcoming and helpful!

I hope things continue to go well and I can quickly learn the ropes and systems!

No comments: