Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Changes

It's been ages since I have stopped to even put any type of thoughts down on the blog.  I love to provide updates to my non-existent readers, but sitting down to post at night is the last thing I want to do. To help change that, I have decided 2016 is the year of change for me!  I want to change (in a good way) so many things about my personal life, work life, and just little things.  While I did not sit down in January and do an update, I did start on changing things.

I have always been a firm believer anyone can change if they set their minds to it and really want to change in their heart.  Changing yourself is always the hardest goal to achieve.  I realized at the end of the year, I no longer wanted to have some of the negative traits I saw in myself.  I was seeing that I no longer first saw the good or positive about a situation, but the negative.  I realized this was not the example I wanted to set for Zoey. I wanted her to see me as a strong, positive woman, not a negative woman.  While I am doing this for her, I am doing it more for myself.

There is so much that come to play that makes us fall into this type of pit.  I recongize a lot of them in my life.  A handful I cannot readily change due to it is out of my control.  Another thing I fall short of, letting go of things I cannot control.  Yikes!

To start the year off, I told myself I wanted to be more positive first off. Stop seeing the bad and complaining about every little thing. Surprisingly, to myself, I am accomplishing that.  While it might take a while for others to see it, I can tell a difference. I feel "lighter".  While I know negative thoughts and feelings can weigh you down, I had no idea how much!  It will continue to be a work in progress and there will be bad days, but I am determined not to let that get me down!  I can do this!

If you are reading this and see me fall back into my old negative self, please call me out on it.  I am still learning how to let go of things and get them off my chest without sounding like I am complaining or being negative.  One of my favoite signs I had as a child, which is hanging in Zoey's room today as a reminder to myself when bringing her up, says "Please be patient with me.  God isn't finished with me yet...".  Oh how this applies even to us as adults today!

                          



No comments: