Friday, August 29, 2014

A new journey

OI have started a new journey…Essential oils. I have been reading up and researching them for a few months now. Last month I finally decided to bite the bullet and purchase the starter kit.  I decided to go with Young Living oils for the reason of they are 100% therapeutic grade oils and their premium starter kit is awesome.  I personally think there is a place for both medical healing and holistic healing. I will always go to the doctor or seek medical help when needed, but if I can avoid taking so many drugs and other items to help heal myself, I’ll all for it. 

The premium starter kit; comes with the home diffuser; everyday oils (11 oils), 10 samples of 4 oils, and product guide
 

The  home diffuser in action.  It typically lives  on my nightstand, but I do move it around the house when needed.

In the short month I have been using them, I can already see changes.  We use them EVERY night for sleep; we diffuse the oil as we sleep. I have already ran out of lavender and Peace & Calming (one of my favorites) since this is what we sleep to.  I have had better sleep and more restful sleep since using them.  Brian has even stated his sleep is better; he is a bad sleeper.  Peace & Calming is known to help with teeth grinding at night, which I do, but since using it (other than the past week since we ran out) I no longer do that at night.  I can tell that I do not clinch my jaw during the day near as much either. 

I am slowly learning when and what to use them for; it’s a lot to learn and remember!  I am trying to use peppermint and basil for my migraines instead of always taking a pill for it. My migraine medicine works, but it makes me feel so "heavy” and tired afterwards.  I mixed up a roller ball bottle for easier application for the migraines.  I also made bug spray; AWESOME.  No longer are we putting chemicals on our skins, but using natural oils to prevent bug bites.  I was skeptical of it working but it does.  Plus Zoey no longer runs from me when I try to spray her; she actually giggles when I spray her now.  Win!

I am looking forward to using the oils during the winter months instead of congestion medicine when we get sick. I am very hopeful of their results!

I’m sure all of you think I’m crazy, but I have read good things about oils.  On top of this, I am doing a cleaning sweep of all our cleaning products and laundry products.  I have already been making homemade laundry detergent, which I LOVE, but now I’m taking the plunge to make all our cleaning supplies.  Crazy, right. Well it’s not as hard or time consuming to do as I thought.  It’s super easy and the stuff works great plus smells AMAZING!.  I can put different essentials oils in as well to add for anti-bacterial cleaning.  While I’ll never claim to be a crunchy person, I do love more natural products.  I am curious to see how well the dishwashing detergent I plan on making this weekend works! We shall see. 

Now if I could only make myself go this clean with my eating! 

2 comments:

Casey said...

My mom has been recommending essential oils to me. I'd love to talk to you about it sometime!

Leah Maria said...

Casey, I would love to talk to you about the oils! Call me anytime and I'll share!