Saturday, April 18, 2015

A Tangled Affair

I (we) went back and forth on the theme for Zoey’s 3rd birthday.  I started out with My Little Pony earlier in the fall, but once I got on Etsy to look for invitations and paper products, I kept coming across cute Tangled invitations.  I showed it to Zoey and she wanted a Rapunzel party.  So I texted DeAnne to ask her if she could do the tower from Tangled instead.  After Zoey said she wanted a Rapunzel party, she said she wanted a Rapunzel tower.  Because my sister is awesome, she said yes, she would figure out what to do. 

I had a lot of fun decorating and planning this one.  It was actually pretty simple too to decorate the house too.  This was Zoey’s first “friend” party.  I was surprised at how quickly the head count increased!  In the end it wasn’t bad and loads of fun!  As Zoey gets older, we will be having “half birthday” parties in the summer where the kids can be outside instead of everyone cramped inside.

Door hanger for Rapunzal's party

Door hanger; Rapunzel’s braid.

Rapunzal's hair from her tower2

“Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!”  Inviting everyone to come up to her “tower”.

Party favors for Rapunzal

Party Favors; paint set.  Rapunzel loves to paint and decorate her tower.

Staircase decorated with Rapunzal's hairRapunzal's hair through the house

Rapunzel’s hair all through the house. As I said, very simple to decorate the house!

Staircase decorated with Rapunzal's hair (7)

Lanterns in honor her birthday.

Golden flower necter

Golden Flower Nectar punch

The food- served in iron skilletsThe food- served in iron skillets2The food- served in iron skillets3

I served all the food in frying pans.  We had Pacal’s Puffs (cheese puffs), Hairstacks (haystacks), Flynn’s fruit, sausage balls, and cheese & crackers.

Oh the cake!  It honestly deserves it’s own separate post, but my sister truly is the most amazing sister EVER!  The cake was AWESOME! The pictures do not do it’s justice.  I wish you all could have seen it in person.  It took me a good solid week after the party before I could bring myself to throw the tower portion away.

The Cake-Rapunzal's towerThe cake2Close up of the cakeThe Cake- the towerThe cake3The cake - the tower2Close up of the tower

Look at the details!!

Playing getting tangled in Rapunzal's hair3

We played get tangled up in hair.  Lauren wrapping Claire Francis.
 

Collins being tangled3

Collins and Ned all tangled in “hair”.

Playing pin the bow on the braid

We also played pinned the bow on the braid.

No comments: