Monday, June 09, 2014

Zoey update; 2.5 years

My sweet baby will be 2.5 soon!  She is so much fun!  She is talking up a storm and learning new things all the time.  It’s nice to be able to really communicate with her and not have to always guess what she is trying to say.  She can sing her ABCs, count to 20, sings just about any of her favorite songs by memory (boy does she have a great memory!), act out scenes from Frozen, and much more!  She has finally grasped the concept of saying “Please” and “Thank You”.  It’s hard to say no (even when she doesn’t need what she is asking for) to her when she says “please”. 

The beginning of the year we bit the bullet and cut down on paci time.  I was really dreading this and just knew it would be a nightmare.  Zoey surprised us; she did really good.  We cut it down to just naptime and bedtime.  She has done great with this.  I am dreading when we take it away completely. But we did learn last week, that she had gone that week without for nap.  Brian had forgotten to put on in her bag all week. 


It’s fascinating to watch her pretend play.  She doesn’t like to play much on her own when we are around; we always have to be playing with her.  While this is sweet, it’s also frustrating at times when you are by yourself with her and cannot get things done.  I would have thought that after all day of playing with other kids, she would want to play alone, but not her.  Sometimes listening to her play, makes me worry that we get on to her too much. :) She gets on to her toys (she loves little figurines and My Little Pony right now) and puts them in timeout or what not. 

One of her favorite scenes to act out from Frozen is when Anna is knocking on Elsa’s door asking “Do you want to build a snowman?”  Typically I am Anna and she is Elsa. Brian is either Kristof or Sven (the reindeer) and Sunni is Olaf!  I just love how her imagination works!  It makes me so happy to see her having a good one!  She also loves acting out the scene when Anna goes to wake up Elsa in the beginning to play.  “The sky is awake, so I’m awake, so I must PLAY” all while laying on you just like the movie. :)

A couple of weeks we took Zoey to her first fair.  I’m not a fan of fair rides, but Brian loves them!  Looks like Zoey loves them too!  She was laughing the whole time while on the teacups.

She loves to build caves/tents these days.  On weekends she has been either sleeping in her bed as a cave (a quilt over half most of it) or one Sunday afternoon, we got brave and let her sleep in the tent (card table with quilts) in her room.  She didn’t stay in it for when I went to go check on her, she was asleep right in front of her door.  Good practice for when she will sleep on a nap mat at Mrs. Hudson’s. 

She also loves pretending she is scared or the “snow monster”/”dragon”/”monster” is coming to get her.  We have to drive into our caves (either the tent or pull blankets over our heads) to escape it.  One day we were playing and she rolls over to me and puts her arms around me and says “I’ll protect you Mommy.”  Typically she will run to us and jump in our arms to be “protected”.  It was a sweet moment when she did that to me.

I really think this age is one of my favorites.  She is able to communicate with us and has an imagination. 

No comments: