Saturday, May 31, 2014

Thanksgiving 2013

While I know Thanksgiving was six months ago, I do want to share what we did.  This year my parents decided to rent a beach house in Gulf Shores for the week.  My parents and my sister and her family went down the Saturday before Thanksgiving, while Brian, Zoey, and I went down late Monday night. 

This was our first long (ie over 3 hours) car ride with Zoey.  Yes, I know, she was almost 2 years old and we still hadn’t gone more than 3 hours in a car with her.  She was not the best car rider at that point.  We decided to see if leaving around her bedtime and driving through the night would make it a easier drive.  Zoey finally went to sleep around 10:30PM.  The drive couldn't have been worse, weather wise.  It POURED almost the whole way down.  I tried to stay awake as long as I could to help Brian stay awake, but I faded.  We finally arrived to the house around 1:30AM.  Another first happened.  We ended up putting Zoey in bed with us.  She freaked out when we put her in the bed in the room with the girls, then she wouldn’t go back to sleep in the pack-n-play.  Only saving grace of the night was the fact we had a king size bed.  She WOULD NOT lay still nor really go to sleep.  The next day was a LONG day.  Zoey had another first that week, she sleep in a bed (aka not a crib) all week.  All three girls shared a room and she loved it!  She thought she was a big girl!

Zoey in Car on the Way to the Beach

Zoey right before she finally went to sleep in the car.

This was Zoey’s first trip to the beach.  While it was FREEZING, very out of the normal code, she LOVED the sand.  I’ll let the pictures tell the story.

Beach HouseDaddy & Zoey on BeachDaddy & Zoey Playing on Beach2Daddy & Zoey Playing on Beach4Emma & Zoey Playing in SandLauren & Zoey Playing in Sand3Mommy & Zoey Playing in Sand2Mommy & Zoey Playing in Sand4Zoey 2013 in Sand2Zoey in Hole4Zoey Napping in Big Bed for the First Time2Zoey on Beach5Zoey on Beach7Zoey on Beach10Zoey Reading in Bed2Zoey Talking to Seagulls5Zoey Walking to Beach4Zoey3

No comments: