Monday, March 24, 2014

Slew of projects to come.

Sunday, while we were at Dennis and Nona’s, we got to go look through Nona’s family house.  Her uncle had been living there for years, but he can no longer take care of himself.  It’s heart breaking to see how he was living and then to see such a beautiful house in such a shape.   Dennis and Brian went while I had fallen asleep with Zoey (sweet to actually get to cuddle with my girl for once!) and brought back 2 chairs for Zoey’s table.  Once I found out where they had been I wanted to go back.  Now that I have found a new found love for Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, I am going to be even more busier!  Note: A post about my new obsession coming soon!
 
 
 
Two chairs for Zoey’s table Mer gave us.  There are two more, we just didn’t have room for them due to we were in Brian’s car.  I have been wanting a kid table for Zoey and a friend gave us one for me to paint.  I had started looking at chairs Saturday for it, but hadn’t ordered any yet.  Good thing I didn’t since we found these! 
 
 
Nona wanted Dennis to get all the sliver out when we went back the second time.  She and I went through it and she gave me this set!  I LOVE IT.  I will be working my arm muscles getting it polished.  It is going to be beautiful when I’m done.  I was trying not to be over excited by this!
 
 
I found these beauties laying around.  A iron pot and a iron chicken fryer!  I know, who actually  makes home made fried chicken these days, but still it will be great for other things. 
 
 
Either baby spoons or medicine spoons.  I got to take them with me.
 
 
Have you ever seen a spoon with a fly on it?  Fly in my soup spoon!  Brian wanted this.  I think it’ silver too due to the tarnish on it.  I hope I can clean it up.  Crazy.
 
We took pictures of several other pieces we want so we can check with Krista, Brian’s sister, to see if she wants any of it.  She said she doesn’t, so I’m pumped!  There is a bedroom suite I want for Zoey.  I wasn’t going to do one for her yet, but this is a pretty one.  I hope it’s manageable and usable once we get it out of the house.  Looks like several before and after projects are in my future!!



1 comment:

Lisa Blair said...

This is so wonderful Leah! I'm jealous. The silverware is a wonderful find. Nothing like these family treasures.